Monday, June 30, 2008

The saga continues...

And an update for today!

Me and my buddy Matt are here in Lome (the capital) due to our amazing ability to be ill for extended periods of time! I've been fighting some sort of bug for the past week, and now it decided to be a sinus infection and resulted in me getting a 104 degree fever this morning. Matt had the same fun fever, so we got to be shipped out for the day. We ended up getting Malaria tests, which neither of us happened to have, and then got Z-Packs for our infections with the instructions to rest.

...so we went to the grocery store here in Lome and bought cookies/candy for our buddies back at the training site. We get to head back tomorrow, so they better be appreciative...I don't doubt that they will be.

Other than todays med fun, its been kind of the same here. I've gotten into a routine and have just been enjoying the time here in training. We find out our post assignments this week, so I get to learn where I will be spending the next 2 years of my life starting in August! I already have an idea of where, but I'm not sure yet. I've also got my hands full with figuring out what to do for the 4th of July here. We get the day off from class, so we're organizing something fun to do.

Sorry about the lack of updates, we don't have much internet access during stage; the only reason I'm posting this is because I'm at the med unit. I'll keep stuff going as much as I can, feel free to keep emails coming!

No comments: